Exactly how was that helpful? I didn't need to know the status. I didn't want the address to change... I wanted to know why I have had to go through hell to get the tablet in the first place. My tweets were:
- @Jenni_Froedrick @DellCares UPS got shipping sorted out, but still confused why all the trouble. Feel like this could have been avoided w/better cust svc.
- @Jenni_Froedrick @DellCares Order# is 512xxxxxx bought 3 tablets in 2 orders. ?? on 1+ mo delay in shipping & wrong ship address. Service Request# was 88xxxxxxx. Thx
- @Jenni_Froedrick @DellCares also, if it's easier, my email is [email]. Thank you.
- (in response to aforementioned tweet in paragraph above)
@Jenni_Froedrick @DellCares Yeah. I took care of that... Took me a week to get it straightened out. Very disappointed.
I know the shipping is taken care of because I took care of it. I still have two questions remaining:
- Why was this backordered? Why wasn't I notified of this until I checked out?
- Why didn't my address change when I altered and saved it before the unit shipped?
I just don't think I will be ordering from Dell again after this fiasco. Bridges have been set ablaze--they may be burned.Let me be clear: previous to this, we have not had issues with shipping or with the products. And we've ordered several big items from Dell. We're not big spenders, but we are consistent spenders. We have bought TVs, laptops, and now tablets from Dell and it has gone relatively well. But this tablet business has been beyond horrible. After waiting over a month for the tablet, I then had to spend almost a full calendar week straightening out the shipping mess which (apparently) either UPS or Dell could have taken care of at any time.